1. The Adirondack Plein Air Festival begins here at the Artists Guild Art Gallery. People lining up, signing up, picking up what they need and then it is off to make art. Fifty artists have come to paint the surrounding area and will even spend a day painting the town. What a thrill.
2. There is Sandra. It is she that started and is responsible for the Adirondack Plein Air Festival. We celebrate her.
3. Inside the Artists Guild Gallery, artists are collecting information and needed implements of art before they make their way out the door to paint the beauty.
4. Many reuniting hello's along the way.
5. Bob, from down Massachusetts way, here to paint the Great North. What kind of beauty and surprises will he present to the world?
6. Just on the edge of the bridge over Saranac River an artist sets up.
7. And here in the village, right on Main St., another artist at her paint.
8. There she is, Rumara Jewitt, getting just the right vision.
10. Back on the bridge.
11. Hello, glad to have you in town.
12. Diane Leifheit painting on the river.
13. There is something about a lone tree.
16. The close in texture.
17. Some views being painted at the VIC (Visitor Interpretive Center), located close by and owned and run by Paul Smith's College.
31. On the way back from a grand day deep inside The VIC.
32. Lena Thynell, up from New Jersey, a long way from where she grew up in Switzerland.
35. Lillian Kennedy getting a gauge on what is happening before her eyes.
38. Sandra Hildreth composing early in the morning.
53. Sarah Yeoman, in from Delaware,
54. doing some watercolor teaching
55. and painting some of her own, in this case, the town hall.
How great to revisit the wonderful Plein Air week! Loved your photos:)ReplyDelete
All the best - Ann Michele Bouwmeester
Nice reading, I love your content. This is really a fantastic and informative post. Keep it up and if you are looking for Public Domain Photography then visit Public Domain Photography.ReplyDelete